Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Capsule Wardrobe: Spring

This is the post where it starts to become really obvious one of the ways that I've found to manage the size of my wardrobe: I really try to stick to a specific color palette. For casual clothes, most of my clothing is navy blue or gray. For work clothing, most of my clothing is gray, black or black and white patterned (with a little navy thrown in for variety). I do keep accent pieces around (usually coral, turquoise, or purple), but for the most part I try to keep to these colors because (1) I like them, (2) they work well together, and (3) it makes it easier to buy things that will mix well with the rest of my wardrobe.

 

My spring casual basics are a dress or jeans and a long-sleeved shirt. I often throw a cardigan or scarf on top if it's cooler.

 
clockwise from top left: Banana Republic Lighweight Wool Sheath / Boden (similar) / Anthropologie (no longer for sale) /  White House Black Market dress (similar)

My spring work basics are a pencil skirt and blousy top, or a dress. I may throw in a pair of pants if it's not muddy, but I tend to go to bare legs fairly quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment