Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Capsule Wardrobe: Winter

As I discussed here, my goal with my wardrobe is to minimize my needs while still looking professional and not repeating the same outfit too often.

 
(clockwise from top left) Pure Collection Cashmere V-Neck Sweater / Banana Republic Martin Fit Lightweight Wool Straight Leg / Martin & Osa blazer (no longer for sale)

I live in a very cold climate in the winter (last year we had more than a month below 0 degrees Farenheit). My winter workwear basics are a pair of pants, dressy shirt or sweater (more likely a sweater), and a blazer. My absolute favorite pair of pants are ponte "modern" fit from Talbots, which are comfortable, and look good with heels and flats. Unfortunately, they no longer carry that style and I have not found a good replacement. I'm probably short a pair of pants or two, and will be looking to add to the collection this year.

 
(clockwise from top) Boden Long Sleeve Breton / Lucy Perfect Booty Pant / Boden Super Skinny Jeans

My winter casual basics are jeans and a long-sleeved shirt or sweater, or yoga pants with a long-sleeved t-shirt. I often throw a scarf on top if it's cooler. I'd like to slowly transition the yoga pants outfits out of regular rotation, but haven't found good casual wear pants that are as comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment