Friday, November 21, 2014

Las Vegas Highlights

Image from LasVegas.com

Like I mentioned in this post, we just got back from a weekend in Las Vegas for the Rock N' Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon. It was a really fun weekend, and I thought I'd share some highlights from the trip:

MAJOR TIP: It is super dry in the desert (duh). Drink tons of water. I don't know how people manage to drink a ton of alcohol there- I was borderline hungover just from the lack of humidity.


Grand Canyon Tour: We took a South Rim tour with the Grand Canyon Tour Company. Both the company and the experience were fantastic. The view from the South Rim is unreal- it felt like we were looking into a painting it was so big. The bus was comfortable, our tour guide was knowledgeable and interesting, and the bus stopped often enough that we were never too hungry or in need of a restroom. This was a FULL day- we left our hotel at 6:15 am, and weren't back until 10 pm-ish. I would really highly recommend a trip to the Grand Canyon if you get a chance.

Bouchon Bakery: This was a really fun stop for us- we love to find little French bakeries when we travel, and this was a very good one. The highlights were definitely the croissants and the chocolate bouchon. This bakery is located behind some stairs in the Venetian- it was nice to take our goodies up to the shops and watch the gondolas.
 

Bellagio Fountain and Conservatory: Most people have heard of or seen video of the Bellagio fountain- it's gorgeous and jusitifiably well known. I was impressed with how long the show was, how well it fit the music, and how easy it was to get a good view. I had not heard of the Conservatory before I started my research but it was a really fun, free diversion: it's not large, but it's very lush, and I loved seeing an Ent in the middle of Las Vegas!

No comments:

Post a Comment