Friday, October 31, 2014

Fall Boots


You know in this post, where I said I was looking for a pair of black riding boots to help stretch skirts and dresses farther into cold weather? Well, I got some, and I've had them about two weeks. They're AMAZING.

It took a while for me to find ones I like. I bought the Clarks Plaza Beagle Riding Boots in black from DSW, but prior to that I tried on boots at Saks Off 5th, and Macys. My problem in both stores was that leather boots in my price point had incredibly uncomfortable insoles. I wanted these boots as commuting shoes, so it was important to me that they be comfortable from the start.

I chose the Clarks boots based largely on the fact that they were leather boots from a brand I'd heard was comfortable, and the website listed them as having padded soles. I wanted leather boots because I tend to find synthetics don't breath well or last as long as leather. I figured it wouldn't be too hard to return them if they didn't work.

They shipped in less than a week, and I was really impressed once they arrived- the leather feels sturdy, the soles have a fair bit of grip while still looking work appropriate, and there are nice elastic gussets to help with fit. So far I've worn them to work twice (including a 30 minute walk after work) without fit problems, and they've made a HUGE difference in comfort as the temperature has dropped. They look good with dresses and leggings, and as soon as I find a pair of skinnier jeans I'm sure I'll be wearing them on the weekend as well. I'm finding it hard to believe I'd waited this long before getting a pair.

What type of wardrobe staple have you delayed purchasing and then really loved?

No comments:

Post a Comment