Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Favorite Running Gear: Tops


I like to run on the colder side, so I have quite the range of clothing for each temperature.



In hot weather (70 degrees and warmer), I like to wear tank tops. These all have some sort of ventilation built in too, which really helps cool you off on windier days. I really love the Athleta top. The Nike top seems to pull a little to the side. I like the Under Armour top, but haven't had a chance to take it out for a longer run.

 

In warm weather (55 degrees to 70 degrees), I like to wear t-shirts. Performance fabric is important here because it's still warm enough to get sweaty. These are all honestly pretty good: flatlocked seams, wicking fabric, no weird cuts. The one thing I suggest if you're at all curvy is to size up from your regular shirt size- I find that my snugger shirts (the Target one and one of the Lucy tops) seem to ride up from my hips a bit as I run, even when they fit fine for walking around.



In cool weather (40 degrees to 55 degrees), I like long-sleeved t-shirts. In previous years I've used regular cotton t-shirts. This fall I picked up some performance t-shirts, which I'm liking so far. They keep you warm-ish at the beginning of the run, then let your heat vent. These both have flat-lock seams, which is nice, and are fairly thin, so I should be able to layer them with each other or another jacket as it gets colder.



Previously, this is where my running bottomed out. Because of snow and ice I haven't run in much colder weather. This year, my plan is to try running until it gets to about freezing, so I've bought a few warmer running tops. I'm not sure what I like yet, so I have a jacket, a half-zip, and a heavy long-sleeved t-shirt to try. We've had fairly mild weather so far, so I've only tried the Lucy half-zip. It's a nice weight, and I like the thumb holes for keeping my hands warm. I don't love how the collar flaps around when it's unzipped.

What do you like in running gear? What don't you like?

** I have not been compensated for these reviews, and all opinions are my own. **

No comments:

Post a Comment