Monday, October 20, 2014

Capsule Wardrobe: Fall

I've mentioned in a few previous posts that I've got a trend toward minimalism. One of the biggest places I like to think about this is in my wardrobe. You may have read about the French Wardrobe, Project 333 or capsule wardrobes (you can see lots of examples of these on Polyvore). I am not ready to purge my closet down to just the basics- I work in a professional setting where wearing the same outfit regularly would be noticed. That said, I've realized that I have basic "uniforms" that I wear each season, in work and outside work. This week I'll be posting my "basics."

 
(clockwise from top right) Anthropologie (no longer for sale) / Banana Republic Sloan Sheath / Boden (similar)

Workwear in the fall is a pencil skirt and blousy top, or a dress.

 
(clockwise from top right) Lands' End (similar) / Martin & Osa (no longer for sale) / Boden Long Sleeve Breton

Casual clothing in the fall is a dress or jeans and a long-sleeved shirt. I often throw a blazer or scarf on top if it's cooler.

I used my Pinterest boards to pinpoint what styles I gravitate toward each season, so that I'm not wasting money on new clothing that won't get worn. I've also found that I really don't need more than 6 options to feel that I'm not repeating too often at work, and that having the boards allows me to shop with a list, so that I feel more confident in my purchases (this fall I'm looking for a pair of black riding boots, and a new pair of jeans).

What's your fall uniform? Any suggestions for great jeans?

No comments:

Post a Comment