Friday, October 3, 2014

Favorite Running Gear: Shorts, Capris and Pants


Similar to my tops, I have a range of bottoms for different temperatures. I've tried more than a few options, and the one thing I'd universally recommend is getting them in a dark color. There's nothing like walking in from a sweaty run and realizing it looks like you wet your pants.

 

I wear shorts for most of my runs: I find that I can better deal with cold legs than cold arms, so I push the temperature more here. On the other end of the scale, there isn't a socially acceptable bottom with less coverage for warmer weather. And on that note, get some Body Glide. That stuff is a livesaver when you're on a humid or long run- anything to stave off chafe.

Of my three pairs of shorts, I strongly prefer my Lucy Fly By and Lucy Long Distance Run- while all three have built in briefs, storage pockets and light fabric, I don't like that the Adidas shorts have an elastacized waist. They're more likely to creep up as I run. The fabric waists on the Lucy shorts are fantastic- they don't make me sweat any more, don't move around, and are very comfortable.

 
like these / not these

Another note: for shorts, I now insist on ones with built-in underwear, so that I don't have to think about things. Don't want to have to worry about anything showing or chafing. I also try to only buy bottoms with a built-in pocket: it's useful for IDs, keys, or goo, depending on what you need to carry.

 

I wear capris for colder runs (around 40 or 50 degrees). I like the extra leg coverage, without extra bulk. I find that I wear these the least often, but really appreciate the medium warmth option. I recommend a performance fabric here- because this is less predictable weather, it's nice to know your capris will breath if it's warmer than you expect out. My favorite here is the Lucy I Run This pair- they're comfortable, breathable, have a pocket, and are reflective.



I wear pants for the really cold runs (anything below 40 degrees). I really love how the Lucy Perferct Booty pants make my butt look, but they're just a little longer than I'd like. That said, they're so comfortable that I own two pairs. My Adidas running pants are nice for days when I don't want any extra fabric, but I also run the risk that there will be space between the bottom of the pants and the top of my socks (especially because they have an elasticized waist that is more likely to ride up).

** I was not compensated for any of these reviews (I promise, Lucy has no idea I love their products this much). All opinions are my own. **

No comments:

Post a Comment