Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Going to the Library

I know! You're busy, you'd love to read more, but you don't want to have to browse, or worry about late fees. The library isn't an option for you, right?

Wrong! Online catalogs, request lists, and e-books have solved all of the hassle and time the library used to take. I'm a regular user of my local library: I browse online, request the books I'm interested in, and get emails both when the books are available for pickup, and warnings for when I get close to the due date. I can even renew online (unless there's a waiting list for the book). Unless I want to, I never have to spend more than 5 minutes in my local library.

And it's even easier if you have an e-reader. I can browse, request and borrow all from my computer. I don't even have to worry about late fees because the titles are automatically returned at the end of the borrowing period.

Why am I such a big proponent of the library? First, if you read much, the cost of books adds up fast. Second, one of the biggest sources of clutter in my house is books I've already read. The library saves me the time and hassle of sorting through those books to donate or sell, and the clutter they cause in the meantime.

If you haven't already, I highly recommend checking out your local library!

No comments:

Post a Comment