Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Low-Impact Giving: Mother's Day Edition

As someone who doesn't like waste, and is focused on being a bit more conscious about my choices, I run up against a bit of a wall when I want to give presents. I want to give people things that they LOVE. I've had a hard time coming up with thrifty and eco-friendly gifts that the recipient will be glad to get. That's why I'm so proud of my idea to give gardening time for this Mother's Day!

My mom loves her garden, but it's a never-ending pile of work. This year, my husband and I are giving her a couple of hours of yard-work, to be used however she wants. I'm really happy I've found something that's actually of service to her, doesn't produce waste, and will result in a happier, more bountiful garden!

UPDATE: this may become a Mother's Day tradition. It's the perfect time of year to help get the garden in order, and my mom really appreciated getting the help to spread out the work!

No comments:

Post a Comment